Safety and tolerability
- Phase Ib trial investigating CAN04 in combination with the PD1 binding antibody pembrolizumab (Keytruda®).
- The FDA has approved the trial and preparations are in progress to initiate the study.
- Four different cancer forms overexpressing IL1RAP will be investigated i.e. NSCLC, head and neck cancer, urothelial cancer or malignant melanoma.
- These patients have previously been treated with, and benefitted from, immune checkpoint therapy.
- The trial is planned to be conducted at three US clinical centers with University of Pennsylvania being the lead center.
- Up to 18 patients will be treated and the primary endpoint is safety, with biomarkers and tumor measurements being additional key parameters.
- First patient is planned to start treatment during Q3 2020.
Read more on ClinicalTrials.gov (NCT04452214)