Cantargia publishes interim report for the first quarter of 2023
Cantargia AB’s (”Cantargia”) interim report for the first quarter of 2023 is now available on the company’s web page www.cantargia.com/en/investors/financial-reports.
Significant events in the first quarter
- Promising early safety and efficacy were reported for nadunolimab with chemotherapy in the first triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) patients recruited to the dose escalation stage in the clinical phase Ib/II trial TRIFOUR. Soon thereafter, the first patient was treated in the subsequent randomized phase II stage.
- The GLP toxicity study for CAN10 was successfully completed.
- Patrik Renblad was recruited as new Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Significant events after the end of the period
- New promising efficacy data for combination therapy with nadunolimab in pancreatic cancer (PDAC) patients were presented at the AACR 2023 conference. These data showed that a subgroup of patients with high levels of IL1RAP benefit most from treatment with nadunolimab and chemotherapy. Anti-metastatic effects of nadunolimab in cancer models were also presented.
- Plans for a new randomized clinical phase IIb trial were announced. This trial will evaluate nadunolimab in combination with gemcitabine/nab-paclitaxel in additional PDAC patients.
- Patient enrollment to the CANFOUR trial was completed. Favorable safety was reported for nadunolimab with carboplatin/pemetrexed in the ten treated non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients. Biomarkers will now be evaluated in all treated NSCLC patients.
- An application to start the first clinical trial for CAN10 was submitted to regulatory authorities.
|First Quarter 2023|
|Net sales: SEK 0 M (0)|
Operating loss: SEK -77.6 M (-121.6)
Loss after tax: SEK -75.9 M (-117.5)
Loss per share: before and after dilution, SEK -0.45 (-1.17)
Equity/assets ratio: 77 (82) per cent
Cash and cash equivalents: SEK 155.4 M (205.7)
Short-term investments: SEK 197.4 M (237.1)
In conjunction to the report, Cantargia invites investors, analysts, and media to an audiocast with teleconference (in English) on May 23, at 10:00 a.m. CEST, where the company management will present Cantargia and comment on the quarterly report for the first quarter of 2023, followed by a Q&A-session.
If you wish to participate via webcast, please use the link below. Via the webcast you will be able to ask written questions. Webcast: https://ir.financialhearings.com/cantargia-q1-2023
If you wish to participate via teleconference, please register via the link below. After registration you will be provided phone numbers and a conference ID to access the conference. You can ask questions verbally via the teleconference.
The webcast will also be available on demand on Cantargia’s corporate website: www.cantargia.com.