Cantargia publishes half year report
Cantargia AB’s half year report for the period January until June 2018 is now available on the company’s web page www.cantargia.com/en/investors/financial-reports.
Significant events in the second quarter
- In April, Cantargia presented new data on the blocking of metastases using antibodies against IL1RAP at the AACR annual meeting in Chicago, USA.
- During the period, new data was released showing that CAN04 has potential for treatment of more cancer diseases than has previously been communicated.
- New data was reported showing that CAN04 has positive effects in combination with already approved cancer treatments.
- In 2016, a third party filed oppositions to two of Cantargia’s patents in Europe. In January this year, the European Patent Office decided that both patents should remain. In May, the European Patent Office notified Cantargia that no third party had chosen to appeal the decision, and the patents will therefore remain in force.
- In May, the Canadian Intellectual Property Office approved Cantargia’s patent for treatment of hematological cancer.
- In June, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) approved a new patent for use of IL1RAP as target molecule for antibody treatment in hematological cancer as well as a patent relating to solid tumours.
- In May, the USPTO issued a Notice of Allowance for Cantargia’s CAN03 antibody.
In June, CAN04 received the generic name nidanilimab.
Significant events after the end of the period
Cantargia has received preliminary approval for expanded patent protection for treatment of solid tumours as well as patent approval for its CAN04 antibody in China.
In July, Cantargia was approved for listing on Nasdaq Stockholm First North Premier as a stage in the process of moving to the main list of Nasdaq Stockholm.
In August, an update on the CANFOUR study was presented.
- 15 patients have been treated and CAN04 has shown a good safety profile
- A number of additional patients will be included to determine the maximum tolerated or recommended dose
- The phase IIa stage of the study will commence in the fourth quarter of 2018
First half (1 Jan 2018 – 30 Jun 2018)
- Net sales, kSEK 0 (0)
- Operating loss, kSEK -43,812 (-34,291)
- Loss after tax for the period, kSEK -41,846 (-34,280)
- Earnings per share, before and after dilution, SEK -0.63 (-1.13)
- Equity/assets ratio, 93 (89) per cent
- Cash and cash equivalents, kSEK 102,786 (46,478)
- Short-term investments, kSEK 110,000 (20,000)
Second quarter (1 Apr 2018 – 30 Jun 2018)
- Net sales, kSEK 0 (0)
- Operating loss, kSEK -28,563 (-15,876)
- Loss after tax for the period, kSEK -28,147 (-15,878)
- Earnings per share, before and after dilution, SEK -0.43 (-0.50)
For further information, please contact
Göran Forsberg, CEO
Telephone: +46 (0)46-275 62 60
This is information that Cantargia AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08.30 CET on 21 August 2018.
Cantargia AB (publ), reg.no. 556791-6019, is a biotech company that is developing antibody-based treatments for life-threatening diseases. The original discovery by the research team behind Cantargia was the overexpression of a specific target molecule, interleukin 1 receptor accessory protein (IL1RAP) in leukemic stem cells. Subsequent research has also identified IL1RAP in many other forms of cancer. The company’s main project, the CAN04 (nidanilimab) antibody targeted against IL1RAP, is being studied in the CANFOUR clinical phase I/IIa study, where the primary focus is on non-small cell lung cancer and pancreatic cancer. CAN04 (nidanilimab) has two modes of action: it blocks the function of IL1RAP and stimulates the immune system to destroy tumour cells. Cantargia’s second project, currently in the research phase, is aimed at developing an IL1RAP-binding antibody that is optimised for treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
Cantargia is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm First North Premier (ticker: CANTA). Sedermera Fondkommission is the company’s Certified Adviser. More information about Cantargia is available at http://www.cantargia.com.